Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween Flash Fiction

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know.....

I promised the next blog would be Mutzie's interview. I've been juggling several other writing projects, though, and this one had a firm deadline of TODAY. Happy Halloween, by the way.


This is a "flash fiction" story of exactly 100 words. Author Eric Douglas proposed this idea, with today being the deadline (no pun intended). His instructions were that the story had to be exactly 100 words, no more, no less. I'm assuming that the title doesn't count for the word limit, so that's the way I'm proceeding. I hope my assumption was correct, Eric. If not, I'll buy the next round of Nitrox (up to 40%).





Stu's Halloween Dive

Stu was a “card collector.” While his diving skills were, actually, quite good, he always judged his diving reputation by the number of specialty cards in his portfolio. His friends frequently teased him about being living proof that PADI stood for “Put Another Dollar In.”

Today was no different, in that he was taking one of PADI’s most popular courses this time of year: Zombie Apocalypse Diver. “Bring it,” he said, “I’m ready!”

He was halfway through the course when he saw the first “zombie divers” coming at him.

Little did he know, these zombies weren’t actors. They were real! 



Now that this is ready, I'll try really hard to get Mutzie's interview posted soon. I'm also working on "Backstage with Caroline Picard," so stay tuned for that as well.

Please let me know what you think by commenting below.

Until next time......


carpe cerevisi

No comments:

Post a Comment